1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

rear bumper protector/guard

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by psibill, Sep 10, 2006.

1. psibill

psibill Junior Member

Where to get some sort of protection for the rear bumper ledge?

Thx.

--Bill

2. GreenSpeed

GreenSpeed New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ebay. Check the postings from Deland Toyota.

3. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill-psi @ Sep 10 2006, 03:10 AM) [snapback]317271[/snapback]</div>
    I'm pretty sure any Toyota dealership has them...I got mine from Earl Stewart Toyota in North Lake, FL

4. BobZ

BobZ New Member

5. Claudia

Claudia New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BobZ @ Sep 10 2006, 07:14 AM) [snapback]317280[/snapback]</div> Deland Toyota confuses me - I've read here and other places that there is
    NO front end mask (bra) for the 2006 Prius. Yet, I see that this ebay seller is offering one.

Anybody have one? Anybody know if this is really for the 06 model?

I don't get it . . . for the past few weeks, while I've been reading here and other places that there is no mask for the 06, this seller has been marketing what they say is an 06 bra.

So - I'm confused.

6. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Claudia @ Sep 10 2006, 11:32 AM) [snapback]317332[/snapback]</div>
    I've got one I got from the Metrotpn site and I've seen one on Sigmaautomotive.

The ones for sale are actually from other Toyota models but fit the Prius - I think they're from different Toyota models. Mine works fine for me.

7. GreenSpeed

GreenSpeed New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hi Claudia,

Yeah I've had the same problem. That's why i'm holding off getting a mask until i get the clear word. But if you notice Deland has one for the 2006 that is seperate. I believe it's a bit more expensive too.

8. Claudia

Claudia New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Green Speed @ Sep 10 2006, 06:30 PM) [snapback]317476[/snapback]</div>
    I did notice that - do you think someone came out with an 06 mask and didn't tell any Prius owners? Since I find that hard to believe, I wonder if this is what it says it is . . .

9. Metro

Metro Your OEM Q & A Resource

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill-psi @ Sep 10 2006, 03:10 AM) [snapback]317271[/snapback]</div>

I sell them through my site listed below. I sell both the the clear applique and the black plastic protector. I have sold to many members of PriusChat already and everyone has been very happy. The black plastic protector is the same one that is sold through Sigma and through Toyota dealers is the SE US. I sell them for $30.00 plus shipping, but if you see it for less somewhere else (with the exception of eBay) please send me the link and I will try to match it if I can.

10. LoveThatPrius

LoveThatPrius New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Metro @ Sep 11 2006, 11:31 AM) [snapback]317766[/snapback]</div>
    Jesse,
    Will you sell the clear ones for $30 also?
    Thanks!

11. tmgrl3

tmgrl3 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Claudia @ Sep 10 2006, 11:32 AM) [snapback]317332[/snapback]</div>
    I was at my Toyota Service department today...and the front end bra for the 06 is in their book....it's not an aftermarket item......so it wouldn't surprise me that you would see it at eBay as well...since it is one of the items Toyota actually carries in their accessories book. They didn't have mud guards or side mouldings, but they did have the front end bra.

I think the price they quoted my at Toyota was $154....so, of course, I would buy it elsewhere....

The black one, though, could be a nuisance since it has to be removed to wash the car...or should be, I was told...Since I do no highway driving, I don't feel I need the protection, but if there is lots of highway driving, there would be lots of dings from things kicking up.

terri

12. Claudia

Claudia New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(terri @ Sep 11 2006, 06:51 PM) [snapback]318011[/snapback]</div>
    Funny - I just get more and more confused. Husband was at our Toyota dealer today asking about the black bra for an 06 and was told that they think there will be one available soon - but not yet. :rolleyes:

13. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Confirmed, there is no black bra available for the 2006 Prius, not yet anyway. The 2005 almost fits, but due to a certain fender flair, or something under the front of the '06 that the '05 doesn't have, the '05 bra doesn't fit the '06. Some people have stretched it and made it fit, and it will fit if you force it.. but there is not one currently offered any anyone I'm aware of that is specifically made for the 2006.

14. Bearcatzzz

Bearcatzzz Junior Member

I have a factory black bra for my '06. However, for the 06 Toyota added an air dam to the front. I think the bra that Toyota lists is for the earlier models. The dealer removed the air dam, and installed it over the bra. Can't remove bra without removing air dam :angry:. I'm looking to replace with clear bra. Hopefully the new '06 bra fits over the dam.

15. Metro

Metro Your OEM Q & A Resource

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LoveThatPrius @ Sep 11 2006, 05:39 PM) [snapback]317964[/snapback]</div>
    I wish I could! Unfortunately those just cost more than the plastic ones. The best I can do is $40.00. That is what I have them listed for on my site.