1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear Bumper Protector

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by macmaster05, Jan 12, 2013.

1. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Today I added a rear bumper protector as my first mod in a long long time because I've been busy with school. I got it because 1) I was always curious about it and 2) I found a bunch of scuff marks on my bumper from offloading luggage recently, so this would do the trick to hide those scratches. So it was time to buy it. I ordered from the PriusChat shop and received delivery in less than a week. Highly recommended.

The bumper protector didn't come with instructions or anything so if you're planning to buy and "install" this bad boy, make sure the surface of the bumper is warm (by using a hair dryer, for example), as that increases the adhesive for the tape. This isn't necessary but I recommend it. I had the hot LA afternoon sun help me. Also be sure to press hard and hold it for a couple minutes, putting extra pressure on the corners.

The bumper protector is a modest mod, I know. I think it adds "complexity" to the look of the rear at least.

IMG_0034.JPG

Daves09prius and Justdidit like this.
  2. Unleashd

Unleashd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Pics and a source would be nicely appreciated :)

3. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Like the look of the blacked out emblems!

4. Daves09prius

Daves09prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Priuschat shop. You can get there from the home page.