1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear Bumper

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Kaos1, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Kaos1

Kaos1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yup,

Less than two months old and someone hit my precious. Got a pretty good scratch/perforation on the plastic rear bumper. Looking at it, it is held on by a few coarse threaded screws and those push to lock type fasteners. Just wondering how hard it is to replace. I can live with it, but it is a shame and if it wasn't too much to do, I'd do it.

Kaos1

2. u4iia

u4iia New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kaos1 @ Apr 5 2006, 04:45 PM) [snapback]235555[/snapback]</div>
    Kaos1,

Someone rear-ended me 5 months ago. More like a light tap. Made a nice perforation/indent to the bumper cover. There was no damage to the actual metal bumper. The body shop had to replace the bumper cover and the foam core. The cover comes primed which saved some labor in painting. I believe the cover was $239 and the foam core was around $40. The total bill was around $675.00. The shop recieved the parts within two days. Insurance covered of course.

3. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  4. jastin1987

jastin1987 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    i feel your pain!