1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear Camera - Only active while backing up?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by sailatinu, Oct 20, 2005.

1. sailatinu

sailatinu New Member

So, with the '06 coming with a Rear camera basically everywhere.
    Anyone familiar with the ability to have it operational while driving?
    The ability for installation of additional cameras for frontal, or otherwise (IR/etc) and the ability to access it via the Interface as well, respectively with little or no effort?

2. c4

c4 Active Member

The camera control module is probably enabled by the back-up signal, so it would be a very simple mod to splice a switch and a diode into this line so that you could manually switch on the camera (the diode is to prevent the reverse lights from turning on when you use the switch)..

3. bookrats

bookrats New Member

You mean, be able to look back (from a street-level angle) while you're driving down the interstate.

Hmmmm....

It'd go well with the James Bond oil slick option... :)

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

I love how people ask specific detail questions about a car that nobody owns and dealers don't have yet.

5. sailatinu

sailatinu New Member

Hey, I'm being optimistic and trying to really voice questions which I have (And others may equally have) for when the situation indeed does arise.

That and I was not sure if they had this in other markets (and what other people have done to hack them in those markets)