1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear Ended.. and Hit the person in front..

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by shawn7, May 1, 2006.

1. shawn7

shawn7 New Member

Sorry if this is hard to follow... Woman infront of me stopped in the road (car pulled out of a business, she thought they were going to pull in front of her (was a cop :blink: )). I slowed down, NOT HITTING HER, and I get rear ended by a '95 Ford F150. After doing the initial paperwork w/the police I go about my way. Take into consideration, we spoke to the police together and explained what happened. Well, the guys insurance company that hit me is saying that the woman I hit claims I hit her first. So, they are not going to pay for the front damage. I called her insurance compnay and she told them that she felt only ONE hit.

Basically I'm screwed. So, I have to use my insurance and pay my $500.00 deductable to get this fixed. I really get aggravated with people. You can't trust anyone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    But wouldn't the paperwork you did with the police at the time of the incident prove to the insurance co. that the Ford was the car that rear-ended you, thus pushing you into the car in front of you?? If the police have a report, get a copy of it if you don't have one already, as proof that YOU were not the one at fault.

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    of course the woman in front of you would only feel one hit.

if she felt two hits, it would mean you rear ended her, then the truck rear ended you.

i think you can use that to your advantage. good luck, sorry about your pretty car being messed up :( :(

4. cooljw

cooljw Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Stories like this really make me upset. Hope you get things straightened out, be persistent. After all, the insurance company is trying to weasal out of paying you money. Try to get the gal to corroborate with you. And get your insurance company to fight for you too - after all they are on the hook if no one else takes responsibility.

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yeah, I got screwed by a semi driver who hit me and then changed his story to his insurance company. i didn't care about that car so I took the insurance money and drove a banged-up car. Eventually, my Manager said that she was giving me a raise and please buy a new car. :)

6. Schmika

Schmika New Member

The police report should help you show what really happened, but it may not. Your insurance company should help you force payment from the truck driver.

Just stick with it, use small claims court, fight, fight, fight...or not...just roll over. pay and bitch.

7. shawn7

shawn7 New Member

Just got the car back yesterday. Looks good. They had to basically repaint the whole car, except the roof, and back hatch. Apparently the paint they received didn't match perfectly w/the stock color for what ever reasons. But that did covered up some already there scratches'. Still waiting on the insurance companies to figure out what there goind to do. I love driving my old truck (59 Apache) but damn.. no AC, no powersteering and low mpg was killing me :lol:

~Shawn

8. mike0422

mike0422 New Member

That is no fun. I've had my car for a month and been hit twice. The first one was a dent from a person or something hitting it. No one left a note so I had to pay for it. Dent Wizards got it out like new for $100. This week someone backed into me in a parking lot while I was in the car. I have a witness, but the person who backed into me admitted responsibility. Working with her insurance company and the body shop over the next couple of weeks.

I'm glad yours is fixed. Good luck with the insurance.