1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear fog lamps on US Prius.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Colm01, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Colm01

Colm01 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hi all. I'm thinking of installing rear fog lights into the reverse lamp on my 2010 Prius. I'm thinking of using the new red/white switchback LED's that are available. The white would work when in reverse and they would be red when a rear fog light switch is pressed on the dash. The wiring is pretty simple except for this. My question is, does anyone know how to get the amber "rear fog" icon to light up on the main display? It is located just to the right of the green front fog light icon. Does anyone have a diagram of the display inputs? Thanks!

2. Offline

Offline Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    A bit late on replying but I wanted to point out that effective rear fog lights conform to specific performance standards and are not something that can be reproduced by installing switchback LED's. I've installed EU approved rear fog lights on a number of vehicles. Here is a thread about my installing one on our Prius v: Installing aftermarket rear fog light | PriusChat

Weather conditions have to be pretty horrible to justify turning on a rear fog light which can be blinding to following drivers when used inappropriately.

Danny3xd likes this.