1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear heatshield falls down

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ny biker, Aug 3, 2007.

1. ny biker

ny biker Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Does anyone know how to get the rear heatshield to stay on the window?

I just bought one and tried to use it for the first time. I press as hard as I can on the suction cups but they come unstuck and the thing falls down after about 20 seconds.

Thanks

2. 1fixitman

1fixitman Member

Leave the thing in the back window area on top of the cargo cover and let the suction cups get warm for a day or two. When they have been in the warehouse for a while the cups are bent in a bad position. Also check the cleanliness of your glass. Look very carefully at the suction cups and make sure the small tab that sticks out to help you remove the cup is placed properly. Some of the cups were molded improperly and the tab extends down into the cup. When you place the heat shield in the window ensure you put the bottom half of the shield down inside the bottom area where the glass meets the plastic part of the rear hatch. There is a slight angle that helps hold it in place. I think it helps quite a bit if you put the suction cups on glass only and not on a heater strip. I contacted canvas works about the front windshield heat shield and asked them to send me a few extra suction cups that I can add to the middle to help prevent sagging. I purchased heat shields for the entire car. Hope this helps.

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Mine doesn't stay up either. No matter what. I don't use it anymore.