1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear Hood Latch closed but hood is open

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Bluebell, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Bluebell

Bluebell New Member

I sure hope this is a dumb question with an easy solution.

Last week I was have a hard time locking my rear hood. The hood would close, but the locking latch didn't quite hook and the light on the dashboard that indicates an open door wouldn't go out.

Finally, I pushed my finger into the latch opening and pushed the latch just slightly. This solved the problem.
    For some reason the latch hook had gotten out of alignment.

A week passed, no problems.

Today the same things happened again. So once again I pushed my finger into the latch opening and pushed the latch. I think I may have pushed the latched into the locked position. The dashbord light that indicates an open door is not coming on... but the hood does not seem to be latched at all. I can easily open it with my pinky. It does close, it just isn't latching. I tried simply hitting the "unlock" button on my fob--that didn't help.

Since my "easy" solution seems to have made things worse I thought I would bounce it off some people who know more than me (aka you guys). Any thoughts?

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Take it back to the dealer and have them realign the latch.