1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear lower window cant be tinted

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by savingtheearth, Mar 31, 2006.

1. savingtheearth

savingtheearth Junior Member

Just had my windows tinted. The lower part of the rear window which is dark on the outside and light on the inside, cannot be tinted as it is plastic and not glass. When you get your windows tinted, from the inside half of the rear winodw will be tinted and the bottom half clear. How to resolve this issue?
    Thanks

2. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    MY lower rear window is already dark enough. If you use the cargo shade to hide packages, you can't see them through the 'glass'.

Maybe your car is different?...

3. silentak1

silentak1 Since 2005

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It's temperglass. It's glass. I had it tinted with 50% film, no problems.

4. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(savingtheearth @ Mar 31 2006, 12:19 PM) [snapback]233076[/snapback]</div>
    Take it back to your installer. It is clearly marked Toyota Temperglass. Several people have had it tinted with no problem.

5. BMcGraw

BMcGraw Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(savingtheearth @ Mar 31 2006, 12:19 PM) [snapback]233076[/snapback]</div>

It can't be tinted? I'd better run out and take mine off then. :rolleyes: Somebody's full of it. It is so glass. I think I'd tell them to finish the job while they're at it and do it for free since you had to make a return trip. B)

6. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

I got mine tinted as well.

7. H2OSkier

H2OSkier Member

Mine is tinted too :)

Ken

8. K5VMI

K5VMI New Member

Go back and get your lower window tinted. It's well worth it.

9. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    What does this mean? I know the lower glass you're talking about... but dark on outside and light on inside? It is tinted.... and is darker both ways.

And of course it is glass, and not plastic. I had extra tint added to mine, certainly. You need to find yourself a real tint guy!

10. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

The guy who tinted my windows offered to tint that one, but I declined as I thought it was dark enough. Now, with the upper window tinted, it (the upper) is only a little darker than the lower.

Spank your tinter and make him stand in the corner.

11. savingtheearth

savingtheearth Junior Member

Thanks
    I just left a message for my tint guy to tint it and that it is glass and not plastic. He didnt seem lazy. From the outside it doesnt make a difference- but looking from my rear view mirror there is a big color difference between the top and bottom of the rear glass. Although for visibility- the lower/untinted part is easier to see through. Now I am torn!!!

12. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

"Spank your tinter"

PLEASE, NO! This is a FAMILY board!
    ;-)