1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear Quarter Panel Scratch!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by kcpistol, Aug 10, 2009.

1. kcpistol

kcpistol Byte Stylist

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Well now I've gone and done it - and in an ironic way too! While backing my Prius into the garage to make sure one of our famous hailstorms didn't ding it - I managed to scrape a small (college-sized) fridge stored along the side and put an about inch-long scratch on the passenger rear quarter panel.

Now that I am done being mad about it (it didn't take long, I am pretty laid back), I have a couple of questions. It goes all the way through the paint - are those quarter panels plastic? What do you guys think it will take to cover it up, touch-up paint, or something more serious?

2. kcpistol

kcpistol Byte Stylist

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Upon further review make that the bumper - where it wraps around to the passenger side - scratched through to the black plastic. Interested in if anyone else has had to repair that sort of thing.

3. PriusV

PriusV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hope it's fixed by now. I was searching around for the same thing and came across this post, and I ended up going with this site: (since I can't post links yet) automotivetouchup dot com.