1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear seat seatbelt chime

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by mannymendez25, Aug 6, 2023.

1. mannymendez25

mannymendez25 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    The other day my daughter sat behind me and I drove away. She then decided to move to the middle of the back seat and seat belt chime for the seat right behind me never stopped beeping. I would assume if the seat didnt detect any weight it would stop but didnt. My daughter had to insert the seatbelt so the chime would stop. Anyone else experience this?

2. Hammersmith

Hammersmith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    There is an option to disable the rear seat warning. I don't know if that's what this is, or if you want to actually disable it, but you could try it out to see.

3. mannymendez25

mannymendez25 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I believe the rear seat warning you are referring to is if you have a baby, every time you turn off the car, a reminder is displayed so you dont forget your child in the car seat.

4. 2023prius

2023prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I'm dealing with the exact same issue in my 2023 prius. I have to keep the rear middle seatbelt buckled at all times now or it will beep incessantly.

Did you find a resolution to this?

I ordered seatbelt extenders on amazon thinking that might stop the beeping but they only fit the front seats and not the rear ones, if anyone knows where to get working rear seatbelt extenders for a 2023 prius I'll gladly order them.