1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear View mirror in filed of vision

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mossypete, Mar 21, 2004.

1. mossypete

mossypete New Member

Does anyone else tall (i'm 6'3" long torso) find the rearview mirror blocks their useful right of center forward field of vision ? I've moved the mirror around so much that it popped off the mount but I just can't get it high enough to get it out of my field of useful vision.

2. Ken Cooper

Ken Cooper New Member

I had the same problem. Discovered that there are two adjustment pivot points:

1st. - If you hold onto the mirror keeping it facing you and then push up toward the roof you can essentially make the mirror higher (you're actually raising the mirror toward the top of the window).

2nd. - You can then tilt the mirror, as with any rear view mirror, to get the field of vision you want.

Essentially, we're talking about having a mirror mounting shaft that has a pivoting ball on each end. One connecting to the window, and the other connecting to the mirror.

Starts like this:

|
    .\|

Ends up like this:

|_|

Or this:

.. |
    . /
    |

3. mossypete

mossypete New Member

Thanks for the advice but I've already adjusted it as high as it goes.
    My preference for rearview mirrors is foor them to be at the very top of the windshield where it meets the headliner. I guess I start shoopping around for an aftermarket unit

4. jeffrey

jeffrey New Member

Being short myself I can't help you at all, Mossypete, but I just had to tell you I get a kick out of your nom-de-plume :)

It brings up a great image! :mrgreen:

Peace

5. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Rear view mirror with homelink as installed by my dealer cut out about 1/4 of visable windshield. I simply rotated it so homelink buttons are on TOP and used the two goosenecks to raise the whole mirror as high as possible thereby allowing much more visability. Easy, quick fix for me. 8)