1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear Visibility

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by skruse, Nov 7, 2004.

1. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Perhaps it is my height (1.91 m) and seat adjustment, but concerns about rear visibility seem to be intentional design by Toyota engineers. Daylight rear visibility is adequate, side mirror viewsheds can sometimes be marginal.

Night time visibility is enhanced by the rear air deflector and horizontal window below the deflector. The deflector helps reduce headlight glare from following vehicles. Visibility is "clear" except for the glare of direct headlights. A nice touch.

2. Batavier

Batavier Member

Aye, same here (1.85m). Had a sun screen on the rear window of my previous car, it would also reduce the glare of traffic coming from behind. But this works just as well. Splendid.

3. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The only serious visibility problem I have is the front windshield pillars, especially the one on the passenger side. More than once, I have almost moved into the path of an oncoming vehicle which was hidden by the post. Same for pedestrians stepping off the sidewalk. Other than that, visibility is ok. Rear spoiler does block some of the headlights behind. No room in the back window for my electric peace sign. Small price to pay for a cool car.