1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear washer nozzle replacement instructions?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by echase, Feb 5, 2008.

1. echase

echase New Member

My rear washer nozzle snapped off in a recent encounter with the garage door. I would love to replace this myself, but can't figure out how to access the hose behind it. Does anyone have access to the repair manual page for this assembly?

THANKS!

2. harvestthewind

harvestthewind New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I need this information too. Does anyone know how to attach the rear windshield washer nozzle? Thanks!

3. echase

echase New Member

Mine is working now, here's what I did:

1. Have fight with wife at 1AM.

2. Run out of Cigarettes. Crave nicotine like a junkie.

3. Go to gas station to get cigarettes.

4. Get rear-ended by drunk hit-and-run driver.

5. Replace Prius.

I hope you find a less expensive method of repair. :angel:

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  4. vertex

vertex Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I checked in my Toyota factory manual, not mentioned!

5. rsowder

rsowder Randy

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I did the exact same thing a couple weeks ago. I got a replacement nozzle from a wrecked Prius. The installation takes about 5 minutes and is very easy. I have provided so pics, but they are not very clear. But I think you'll get the idea.

First remove the plastic trim from the inside of the hatch by simply pulling it off. It doesn't take much effort. Then disconnect the broken nozzle from the tube. Install the new nozzle (from the exterior of the car of course) and plug it into the tubing. Snap the plastic trim back on and that's it!

Attached Files:

Mike Chris and lextoy like this.
  6. lextoy

lextoy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    awesome post!!!!!!!!
    wife just used the ice scraper to scrape off our rear nozzle...
    way to go wifey.
    this thread confirms my suspicion that i gotta remove interior panel to do this job.
    does the panel just pull off with medium pressure? any prying required?
    thx for the pics!!!!!!!!

7. eterry2

eterry2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The hosing under my hood for both front and back washer mechanisms is torn up. I am trying to locate the tubing that leads to the rear. Can anyone help? It's hard to find when there is no tubing under the hood to follow. thanks.

8. Mike Chris

Mike Chris New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am trying to pull the broken piece off but cannot seem to pull it from the tubing. I am concerned that the tubing will tear or stretch as I am trying to remove this piece.
    Any advice on how to remove the broken washer piece from the tubing so I can put the new one in?

9. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    To get the tube to come off, take something like a flat blade screwdriver, push the lip of the tubing as you gently tug on it. Do a little on one side, then the other. It should break loose easier then.

Just tugging on the tubing tends to make it stretch, become smaller diameter, actually tighten up on spigot it's been pushed onto.

Mike Chris likes this.
  10. CharlesPrius

CharlesPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Found my 2010 was leaking rain into the car yesterday & today. Nozzle was loose and one side of the clip seems to be busted, so I hope that's the culprit. Amazing that such an important part that keeps liquid from pouring onto your head inside the car would be help on by weak plastic clips, no screw or even a plastic rivet. It doesn't seem to leak when spraying its fluid. Is this the right Part? 85391-47020 - Toyota Parts Deal:,

11. GeekAtLarge

GeekAtLarge Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I posted a Youtube video of how to remove and replace the inside panel in the rear door of a 2012 Prius to access the hose and the rear window spray nozzle. I bought a used nozzle on ebay after I took a look at my broken nozzle. Looking at my damaged nozzle helped me pick out the correct part and let me know that I did not have to replace the hose as well. The video is

This video has the title of "2012 Prius panel removal below rear window spray nozzle" if you wanted to look for it. I really appreciate this website. It has given me many tips and answers I could find no where else, so I made this video to help others out on PriusChat as well.