1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear Window distortion

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jimm, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Jimm

Jimm New Member

Anyone else have a little distortion in the rear window area near the base of the rear wiper mechanism? It's most noticeable at night on the freeway. The freeway lines look a little wavy/off centered. I'll be bringing it in to the service shop, but I wanted to see if others have noticed this.

2. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) I believe there was a thread on this about 9 months or a year back. "Search" may find it for you.

I have not noticed rear window distortion in my 2007 and my former 2004 Prius.

3. dentedwheel

dentedwheel New Member

I definately have the distortion. Don't get me wrong, I really like my 2007 Prius, but the rear view is the worst I have ever seen in a hatch-back.

I remedy the situation by using my electric boost to pass all offending SUVs and position them in my rear view so that the distortion squishes them into a thin strip at the bottom of my back window. It is theraputic for me at least.

4. razzledazzlebee

razzledazzlebee New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dentedwheel @ Apr 1 2007, 01:58 AM) [snapback]415868[/snapback]</div>
    *SMUG ALERT*

Umm, anyways. Yes, I noticed the disortion as well, during the day, almost all the time. I just figured it's the slope of the glass.