1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

rear window sprayer

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by rigormortis, Apr 22, 2008.

1. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Rear Window Sprayer knocked off

has anyone lost thier rear window sprayer? i was backing out
    of the garage and the garage door was stopped half way and it took it off

any idea how easy it is to repair or how much the dealer would charge

i searched here and found a couple other threads but with no answers. this is a pretty easy repair. it seems to be a problem that occurs a lot, i was able to figure it out for myself

the rear window washer assembly costs about $20 plus tax at the local toyota dealer, they should have them in stock. you can also get this
    from toyota parts cheaper for a little less money

1) look at detached sprayer. it is in two parts? if it is in 2 parts then it is broken and needs to be replaced

2) if the srpayer has detached from prius but still has the hose connected, then you probably won't need to order a new one.

3) raise hatchback

4) behind the hatchback near the sprayer, there is a single piece of plastic, horitzontally, this part is secured by 5 or more plastic fastners, all you do is pull on it and it will snap off

5) disconnect the clear water hose from the rubber water hose

6) remove any broken sprayer parts (this will require some force you have to pull really hard to remove it from the plastic water hose)

7) install new sprayer by shoving it on one side of the plastic water hose

8) feed hose including new sprayer into opening on rear and it should snap into place

9) reconnect clear water hose into rubber water hose

10) replace plastic cover on rear hatchback door

11) done

directly behind the rear washer sprayer there is a round hole, you can slip a screwdriver here carefully to push the sprayer locking tab in, to release it, in case its broken some other way

the way the sprayer connects there are 3 connections for the plastic tubing so i wouldn't imagine it breaking so far into the car that you have to remove any headliner parts to get at the rubber hose

it is advisable to get the sprayer on the rear hatchback door replaced ASAP, because it will constantly drip window washer fluid inside the hatchback door, as i discovered and you do not want rain going down that hole either

1 person likes this.