1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear Wiper blade

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by SalLema, Sep 25, 2006.

1. SalLema

SalLema Sal's Pride

Can anyone tell me how to replace the rear wiper blade on the 2006 model? It looks like it is a custom fit item. I can't figure out how to take it off. Is there a service manual that would explain how to change it?

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    john1701a.com

Look for his Prius User Guide (I think it's the 4th version now). He has instructions on how to change the wiper blades including the rear. Also, you'd get more replies if you post in the right forum.

3. mgingold

mgingold Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here you go.

Marshall

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  4. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Buy a new arm so that you can use regulare replacement blades. I bought one from some place on this site a year or so ago. Sigma I think. A little expensive. It seems to be a pretty standard wiper mount so you could try going to the wrecking yard and get a selection of arms a lot cheaper, maybe. But the one Igot works great and has a much bigger wiper blade.

5. birdsquared

birdsquared New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm gonna be the Devil's advocate on Devil's Advocate's position. When I first bought my used Prius, one thing it needed immediately was a new rear wiper blade. I followed the guide (linked above) and switched it out in about 10 minutes (the trickiest part is the thin metal bars) for all of about 4 bucks or so on the replacement rubber part purchased from my dealer. I see no need to replace any more than the broken bit - and it works perfectly fine. I notice that the rear window almost never requires a wipe at speed - only when you are stopped in the rain. What I'd REALLY like is a wiper for below the spoiler - since the window underneath gets really filthy really fast...