1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reasonable price in Virginia?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by savannahsixt, Mar 22, 2005.

1. savannahsixt

savannahsixt New Member

Hi All,
    I am taking the trek to Virginia for an Easter weekend visit and will be looking at buying a Prius up there. My husband talked to a guy from Miller Toyota in Manassas,VA and got quoted MSRP (25,940) for a #6. My question is, how much below MSRP do others think we can get in this area. They have over 30 on their lot and they claim to be the largest Prius dealership in the NE. To me this means we can expect to get this car at below MSRP. I see other posts of people getting 1K below due to the increase in production. I am hoping there are others in the VA area who recently purchased and can share their experiences and what they paid. Thanks in advance for your thoughts!!
    L. Sixt

2. popoff

popoff New Member

I just got my Prius a few days ago and all I can say is WOW! This is an amazing car.

I purchased it in VA, red with the #6 package, immediate delivery, and $700 off MSRP. Must have been my lucky day.

Although I live in NC, I prefer getting out of the SE region since I don't like the way the SE dirtributor(sp?) does business.

Good luck.

3. savannahsixt

savannahsixt New Member

popoff, yes I totally agree about the SE. There just arent any Prius here and the dealers seem to think we will pay thousands over MSRP. Not me. With any luck I will drive home in a new Prius this weekend. I just want to make sure I get the lowest price possible. Can you tell me what dealership you delt with in VA? If we cant get what we want in manassas we are more than willing to go elsewhere.
    -L. Sixt

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i got mine in Durham NC for MSRP. but SE toyota adds a few hundred for special 'shipping fees' and usually gives you the toyoguard thing you don't really want.

black, pkg 5 with floor mats and toyoguard for $24,500.

i think they still have a waiting list though.

5. chillyfl

chillyfl New Member

We purchased a red #6 Prius from Priority Toyota in Chesapeake, VA for $1800 under MSRP. Ask for Don Lounsbury. His email is
    [email protected]
    They still have 4 or 5 on their lot...down from 10 a month ago.

6. savannahsixt

savannahsixt New Member

wow! $1800 under MSRP. Well, I did finally get a salsa red #4 in Manassas this past weekend for about 700 below MSRP. I think we did pretty well but never imagined someone could get 1800 below. Oh well.
    I am still happy with finally getting my car (there are cars out there for you to just go buy without any wait). Ofcourse, on the drive home to GA an 18 wheeler lost a tread which ofcourse hit the side of my car and ofcourse left a small dent and rubber along the side! I know dings happen eventually, but come on I had only owned it for 2 days! Well i can luckily buff out the rubber and I will look into getting the ding pulled back out with a suction cup if possible.
    Want to thank everyone for helping answer all my questions while i was still making my decisions about purchasing. I went in knowing more than the dealer.
    L. Sixt

7. chillyfl

chillyfl New Member

I wish I would have saw the post prior to you going up there. Glad you are happy with your Prius...bummer on the ding.

8. chillyfl

chillyfl New Member

If anyone else is interested in buying at Priority Toyota in Chesapeake, VA. Don's cell phone is 757 513 5111.

9. flrover

flrover New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I am not in Virginia but I learned that Dealers are more flexible will bargaining with you based on the package you select. I too was interested in a package 4 but if you take a look at the MSRP and the invoice, there is only an $1800.00 difference. With a package 6, the difference is much greater by a few grand I believe. What this means is that it is easier for the dealer to take more money off a package 6 than a package 4. Not certain if the dealer in Va would take 1800.00 off a package 4. I think 750.00 under sounds great for a package 4 but did the dealer make you pay the entire paperwork fee? Where I went in PHX, it was 249.00.
    Congrats!

10. Hybrid_Dave

Hybrid_Dave New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chillyfl\";p=\"77383)</div>
    Hey, thanks for the number...I'll call him too..I'm in the process of buying and will be going to dealerships on the 21st....I have a Priority Toyota here in Richmond, but if Don gives me a better price, I'll make the 80 mile drive to get there instead...thanks again

Dave.