1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reasons Why Toyota Will Recover Quickly From The Recall Mess

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Silver bullit, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Silver bullit

Silver bullit Right Lane Cruiser

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Toyota’s quality problems weren’t always a source of controversy. In some ways they became a point of pride — allowing the manufacturer to showcase its commitment to customers.
    In past instances, Toyota tackled the issue head on. In 2008, after the frames of certain trucks were found to be rusting, Toyota determined it could not fix the problem. Instead, the company decided to buy back the trucks for one and a half times their value
    Complete article: Reasons Why Toyota Will Recover Quickly From The Recall Mess - Deal Journal - WSJ

2. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I rather doubt that Toyota will be repurchasing all of the recalled vehicles. I hope they would just step up to the plate for the non-current production (such as Prius Gen II) cars. Replace what needs to be replaced and learn from the experience. What is most frustrating is the silence.

3. CarGuy60

CarGuy60 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    One of the things that might hurt Toyota's recovery is their veil of secrecy. Should the government or customer's suspect Toyota is holding back documents regarding customer complaints or isssues and that's all it will take is suspicion , then Toyota will start the long slow ride to irrelevance. Hopefully that does not happen.

4. hitechboy

hitechboy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If Toyota give me 1.5 time the value of my Prius today, then I will also agree that they are the best car maker in the world! But I don't think they will do that for all the 8 millions Toyota owner.

Damage already done, they cannot get away with any other issues that were reported in the last few years because the whole world are looking at them, the media will dig out anything that would make a kill. Now only god can help and hopefully the number of recall die down quickly.

5. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Well, not quite. The Corolla seems ready to join the recall movement: Toyota Corolla hit with power steering complaints - Autos- msnbc.com :eek:

6. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Toyota may recover relatively quickly from this crisis but with every passing day and new recall and allegations(to come) the cahnces get less and less.

7. F512M

F512M Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

+1, well said.

8. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    whatever. please. this is all ridiculous. NO ONE, repeat, no one with any sense has these "problems". NO one, repeat, no one with any sense would keep fanning "invisible" flames and feed this stupid media frenzy. god, we are a sad species sometimes...

funny how the overwhelming majority of the toyota world has zero problems. what do all of these people know? ya cope and adapt...NOT scream like a @#$ing crybaby.

9. pakitt

pakitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Funny to hear that all the Toyota problems start in the US - like as if they sell only in the US. Sure, the brake issue was also reported in Japan, but for everything else, nothing was ever mentioned here in EU. Or elsewhere for what I know.
    So, what's the fuss in the US? maybe a huge lobby of badly hurt US car makers??? that have the worst fuel efficient cars sold on the planet? that did not benefit that much from the cash-for-clunkers program?
    I wonder...

10. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Simple ones first: C4C was not limited to U.S. production, only fuel economy ratio between the car that was traded versus the car that replaced it. As regards why the focus in the U.S., we have a safety regulatory infrastructure that many other countries do not have. Consumers in the U.S. have a big brother who can step in on their behalf under certain clearly defined circumstances.