1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rebate for '04 to '05 price difference?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by thebeasties, Jan 17, 2005.

1. thebeasties

thebeasties New Member

So I've heard there is a rebate from Toyota for the difference in 04 vs. 05 price. We signed up in April 04 and received it in Dec 04, but it is a 05 model year - and we paid the 05 price. Any truth to that, and any ideas on how to proceed? The dealer had no knowledge of it, or at least didn't admit to it.

Had it three weeks and love it.

2. ToothYoda

ToothYoda New Member

Yes,

Same problem here. Just call Toyota assistance (not the dealer).

3. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I believe that in order to qualify for the rebate your order had to be registered with Toyota by March 8, 2004.

4. Donti

Donti Junior Member

Interesting, I ordered my Prius on 4/4/04 and received it on 1/7/2005. When I inquired about the rebate in 7/04, the Internet manager told me that I would still qualify.

Long story short, when I raised a question to the Sales Manager, he said that my order had to be filed with Toyota in 3/04.

However, I pointed out that the Internet sales manager said in 7/04 that I would still qualify and not to worry. The Sales Manager then said he would look into it and call me back. Two days later, I received a check from the dealership for the rebate amount.

So you might want to pursue it with the dealership sales manager and see what he/she might be able to do.

5. thebeasties

thebeasties New Member

It was the dealer sales manager who didn't know anything about the rebate other than some customers came in with a "coupon" from Toyota that they said was this rebate we're discussing.

So that leaves me with pursing it with Toyota. Don't know where to turn there. ToothYoda says call Toyota assistance. What is that and where can I find a number?

Thanks.

6. whywhatever4

whywhatever4 Junior Member

I called Toyota Assistance and they knew what I was talking about and the magic date is March 9th. Bummer for me as I placed my order March 13, 2004. So I just missed the cut off.

When I called the dealer my sales person also was aware of the rebate. Some I guess are more upfront then others. Or maybe less informed.