1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rebuilt pack - P3000 and P3004 codes, block voltages going negative?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by dubseven, Oct 31, 2018.

1. dubseven

dubseven Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just rebuilt a pack, all the cells had 5k + mAh capacity. Polished all the bus bars, new hardware.

Getting P3000 and P3004 codes. If I look at the block voltages, 2-3 of them flip negative for a second or two, then back to positive, and continue to do so intermittently. Any ideas on where I should start looking?

2. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The wire sensor harness is either damaged at those tabs or the plug has corrosion. It's not uncommon for small cracks to form where the wire is crimped to the tab. Removing the busbars to clean/polish them greatly increases the odds of damaging the tabs. It's also not uncommon for corrosion to be present on the plug that attaches to the ecu, or on the actual plug socket pins on the ecu.

Raytheeagle and SFO like this.
  3. dubseven

dubseven Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Makes sense. I swapped a few ECUs, and no dice. I'll pull the pack and check the harness.

4. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Or you did not properly tighten the nuts using an inch-lb torque wrench, so something is over/under tightened.

But, as mentioned above, check the voltage sensing wires at the crimp connector. Often is is quite corroded. If need be you can replace the wire frame itself for ~$80.

Raytheeagle likes this.