1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recall #SSC40L Recieved Today?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by seasalsa, Feb 17, 2006.

1. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just received a recall notice for the Brake Lignt Switch problem dated Feb 16, 2006. The only info I can find is dated over a year ago, stating " Mailings of the owner notifications will be completed before mid January 2005".

Has anyone else received a recall notice this late?

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    What is your build date, and delivery date?

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    hmmm. maybe they couldn't get your address or something?

along that line, are you the original owner? sometimes owner transfers take a lot of time in their database...

otherwise, i do not know! :unsure:

4. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am the original owner, it was delivered 30 Jan, 04, VIN # falls in the range for the recall, had no problem getting the ECU Reflash Recall. Must have just fallen into a crack somewhere!

5. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

your's should also be in the "hood seal recall group" as well, did you get the recall for that? if not I would contact the dealer that your going to be taking it to for the brake light switch and get them to check your VIN for all recalls outstanding. There were 4 as far as I remember for early 2k4's.

6. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <_< Likely, you're also eligible for the SSC-50P ECU update (adresses the rare ICE quitting at highway speeds). In January (15,000 mile service), I had the SSC-50P and brakelight switch replacement done. In the ~800 miles since I haven't noticed any difference in performance or mileage.

You might want to log-on to NHTSA at www.nhtsa.gov and check on your '04 for TSB's (Technical Service Bulletins) to determine which have (or have not) been done for your serial number. My '04 is completely up to date except for the reprogramming of the fuel gauge and replacement of the odometer/speedometer elements, and the fuel tank filler pipe EL010-04 revised 8/24/04. That was too much disassembly/re-assembly for the questionable improvements. Many who had that done reported no improvement in fuel gauge accuracy.

At ~16,000 miles, we still are very pleased with "Ernestine" our Prius. She is named after Lili Tomlin's telephone operator character due to her ridiculous, sometimes completely unrelated responses to my verbal requests. Like I may say "Go Home" and she responds "Showing BarberShop Icone" - or I say "Single Map Mode" and she responds "North Up Mode." I view this more as entertainment than irritation.

7. delrey

delrey Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I also got this letter last week. I'm the original owner and my address hasn't changed. I can't really remember if I had this done or not, I'll have to check with the dealer ... but I might have already been notified & this second letter could be a fluke. Or maybe I wasn't notified & just assumed that I wasn't in the VIN range for this recall. Hmmm ...

8. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    A few days after receiving the dealer notice the Toyota notice arrived.

Had the switch replaced today, took about 30 minutes.

Still no reason for the delay. Dealer said that they sent out their notices as soon as they get the info from Toyota.