1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recalls-Delay

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by derh2o, Nov 29, 2012.

1. derh2o

derh2o Junior Member

I am due for an oil change so I called my dealer to see if i could have the recalls done at the same time. I was told the steering problem parts would not be available until November, 2013. This seems really weird. Has anyone else been told this?

2. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    In the UK my car is going in for the recalls tomorrow so no shortage of parts here.

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Lol... That's funny... I think that's when many of the Prius recalls actually expire! The things dealers say that I read about on PriusChat. I feel sorry for Toyota and how much customer loyalty they lose because of confused dealers!

4. stevemcelroy

stevemcelroy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I think that the dealer has some bad info. The recall was announced only a couple of weeks ago and from what I remember notices are not even being mailed until December. I would imagine that they would start the work in January or February.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    while your there, ask them to check it. you may not need the recall and won't have to go back to have it checked again.