1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recalls

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by hycamguy07, May 19, 2006.

1. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Greetings~

I received two recall notices:

1. reprogramming of something.

2. brakelight switch

I couldn't tell you exacly what they were as the dealer has the car and the recall notices. :( The Dealer, David Maus of Sanford Fl. Were very nice they told me the car would be done by 330 pm and offered a shuttle ride home and will return to pick me up.. :) I thought that was really nice of them, besides I got to check out the 06' Sienna van. Nice ride would be even better in a Hybrid.. ;)

Are there any other recalls coming down the road for the 04', 05', 06'?

2. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <_< QUOTED: "Are there any other recalls coming down the road for the 04', 05', 06'?"

*SIGH*... My crystal ball is cloudy. We all will simply have to await future recalls.

You might want to re-read your "recall" letter. Sounds like you might be due the SSC-50P reflash of the ECU which deals with potential stalling of the ICE. The SSC-40L brake light switch recall deals with the tendency for the switch's contacts to oxidize or develop a film possibly preventing good contact, thus causing the brake lights to not illuminate when you apply the brakes = collision risk. Some forum members also commented that if the brake light switch didn't make contact, you couldn't start the Prius since application of the brakes is required to start. It's a free replacement - the reflash is also free. The switch is attached to the brake pedal arm under the dash.

I had both done in January '06 and noticed no change in operation or MPGs. I left my Prius for the day, having the 15,000 mile oil change, tire rotation and Texas State Inspection done at the same time. Excellent dealer service [Richardson Toyota - Dallas area - specify: Mickey Hagar].

3. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ May 19 2006, 12:42 PM) [snapback]258096[/snapback]</div>
    Thats it, thats whats getting done along with a oil change, thanks :)