1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recap of Chicago Gathering #2

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by bnlfanmatt, Mar 14, 2005.

1. bnlfanmatt

bnlfanmatt Member

Sunday's gathering was a staggering difference from the first one, which was attended by 3 Chicagoland Prius owners, a Prius enthusiast, and an out-of-town Prius owner. You've probably seen the pictures, with two Tidelands flanking a Salsa Red, fanned out so their front ends are (almost) touching. Tony had the pleasure of climbing up on a garbage can to get high angle shots of the Prii...

Sunday we had 11 (!) Prii. 1 Classic, and the rest were the 2004+. We met at the Weber Grill in Lombard for some delicious food, talking, discussion about GM's EV1, etc. Afterwards, we decided to take pictures, forming a pyramid of Prii. I don't know how much we frustrated one guy who had to wait for the 11 of us to depart, a little red sports car, Tony and I noticed him, not sure who else may have.

Getting into position, we decided to put the classic in front, and the rest behind it, matching up colors.
    [​IMG]
    Oh, that picture was taken from my vantagepoint, I followed in Tony's footsteps of taking shots that are way above ground, and climbed up on a wall that was maybe 7-8' high. We weren't sure if it would look better if they were closer to me, so they were moved in formation to get the second shot.
    [​IMG]
    Third, I took one from behind, at ground level, as there was nothing to stand on. A checkerboard effect was produced.
    [​IMG]
    Finally, we all took a picture in front, organized the way our Prii were.
    [​IMG]
    Great group of people, and very entertaining. Now we just need warm weather! (And at least one of every color!) :lol:
    And Wayne, as one of the original ones from the first gathering, I expect you'll be taking pictures from a high vantagepoint next time. :wink:

2. bnlfanmatt

bnlfanmatt Member

Those of us in Chicagoland may want to identify ourselves, I'm Matt, in the group photo, the one with the gray shirt, hands behind my back, and my Tideland is in the third row, second from right.

3. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Well if I can pry the digital camera out of my wife's hands I'll gladly stand on your shoulders to shoot some pics Matt. And for those who weren't there or forgot (kind of like me) I am on Matt's right in the picture in the blue coat. And in the car pictures my Salsa was in the third row inside spot.

Wayne