1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recently joined the "club"

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by FL Buckeye, Apr 26, 2006.

1. FL Buckeye

FL Buckeye Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    While visiting in Ohio earlier this month I stopped at a Toyota/Honda dealer I had bought 6 new cars from over the years. This was a Monday, and they had a new red Prius that had just come in over the weekend and was not spoken for, maybe because it was a package #2, without the side airbags. I test drove it and bought it. So far the main mileage on it is driving it back to FL, mostly on Interstates, and averaged 48.1 for the trip. As I "learn" to drive it, I hope I can increase the mpg to average over 50. BTW, I paid MSRP for it, bur still saved a lot over what the Southeast Toyota region puts on the sticker and what the local dealers charge for their "doc fee".

While I was at the dealer that Monday and the next day when I picked up the Prius, there were several people that came in to try to buy the "new Prius that had come in" I guess some of the salesmen had called customers on the Saturday it came in.

So far, my Prius only has mats, the auto-dimming mirror w/homelink, cargo net and wheellocks. I also have the mudflaps but was only sent the rear ones so am waiting to get that straighten out before putting them on. Toyotaparts4u promised to get the fronts out to me the end of the week. I also have gone online to Toyota techinfo and downloaded the repair and electrical manuals.

This appears to be a great site. I thank all of you in advance for what has been posted and what will be added in the future. I hope that I am able to add to it as I learn more about my Prius.

2. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Welcome to Priuschat, and many congratulations! :)

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    WELCOME TO PRIUSCHAT!!!

Pull up a chair and get comfy.

4. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Didn't you get the memo? We're a Cult not a Club :)

5. marjflowers

marjflowers New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FL Buckeye @ Apr 26 2006, 03:55 PM) [snapback]245721[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome! I also have the '06 barcelona red #2 (without airbags). I'm not happy about not having side airbags, but I'll get over it. Meanwhile, I have never LOVED a car as much as I do mine! It is so much fun to drive. I'm not saving so much on gasoline because I drive so much more -- it's just so cool!

This is a great site. I've gotten tons of great information here. Welcome!

Peace --

6. Emma

Emma New Member

Welcome to Club Barcelona!

7. FL Buckeye

FL Buckeye Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thanks for the welcome's. The new Barcelona Red does seem to be popular. I like all the colors. Does anyone know if all the '06's have the new MFD screen quality, or does the ones without navi or BT have the same MFD screens as the 04-05's?

8. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FL Buckeye @ Apr 27 2006, 10:41 AM) [snapback]246182[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome to PC, FL Buckeye (Ohio State?), and congrats! You sound as if you'll be a contributor.

I think all '06s above Pkg. #1 have the new MFD, though I'm not sure. When I directly posted the question, no one responded. I also have an '04, and I like that MFD, too (more colors to play with).

I also have a Barcelona. No offense to anyone, but I like it so much better than the salsa, which is too subdued for me.