1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recently purchased Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by CEO Alex, Feb 4, 2008.

1. CEO Alex

CEO Alex Done

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Purchased an 08 Package 6 Black/Bisque back in early November. Just moved in the Chicago loop, so parking is scarce and only have 1 parking spot...so I had to choose 1 efficient car...and now I'm glad I made the change from a Mercedes SL55 and Range Rover to the Prius.

Went from averaging 12mpg on the SL55 and Range Rover (driving as if I was on the track 24/7) to obsessing on my Prius MPGs :D (using pulse/glide, having windows closed, minimizing vents, driving speed limit/staying on the right lane when necessary, constantly monitoring my screen, etc.). I'm on my 11,000th mile and averaging about 46mpg.

Absolutely love the car...and looking forward to keeping in touch with you guys.

That is all. :)

2. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds like your experience with the Prius is phat!!

Keep on doin' the economy drivin' thing!

3. AussieOwner

AussieOwner Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow - 11k miles in 2-3 months. That is sure some commuting that you do. I have only just clicked over the 7k kilometres after 7 months, but then again, I have a chauffeur driven stretched Mercedes (also known as an articulated bus) to take me the 14 km to work.:D

Welcome to PC.

Will be in Chicago next week, but being a little more energy efficient - Blue Line from O'Hare to the loop, and then walking within the loop (provided that the wind keeps down - that wind chill factor is just something I cannot handle). Having been in and out of Chicago for the last 10 years, I know how much everyone drives (or should I say stop/starts/crawls) around Chicago. Part of the reason I now take the blue line in and out - at least I know it will only take 45 mins from downtown to the airport - cannot guarantee that on the freeway. A few of my collegues catch the train into work, and one rides his bike. In fact, I don't know of one who now drives in due to the lack of parking downtown and the slow commute times.

4. eurosteve

eurosteve Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I picked up my Prius on Saturday (2 days ago). Going to drive to work (25 miles) in the predicted rain and snow mix this morning. Hopefully it handles better on the stock tires than what I've been reading...

In the first 100 miles, so far I'm at around 39 mpg.