1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recommend a Chicagoland Prius Dealer?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by LakeshorePrius, Sep 24, 2007.

1. LakeshorePrius

LakeshorePrius New Member

I am interested in buying a Prius (Package #2) and am wondering if anyone in the Chicago area (I'm in Hyde Park) can recommend a good dealer and salesperson. I had a not so great experience (high pressure sales) a few weeks ago, so I thought I'd look for a recommendation. Also, how much do you think I should expect to pay for a Package#2 Prius? [I apologize for posting this twice...once on the Chicago group and on the main one, not sure if it needs to be on the main one to get a response.]

Thanks for your advice.

2. alexilic

alexilic Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LakeshorePrius @ Sep 24 2007, 12:14 PM) [snapback]516929[/snapback]</div>
    I purchased mine at Bredemann Toyota in Park Ridge. The Bredemann family has a great reputation. I purchased my chevy work vans thru them as well(chevy store is next to toyota). I also worked for their Lexus dealer about 10+ years ago, and they always treated everyone better then other dealer groups. The salesperson I used is Joe Helpin. Very nice guy, no high pressure sales. Funny thing is, he sold my mom her saturn back in '96 at Saturn of Glenview. When we looked for a new car for her, we put a deposit on a Corrola, and a day later decided against it. He grabbed the check and handed it right back to us.... no BS like other dealerships I've used. If you decide to go there, PM me and I'll get you in contact with him. Plus, if you buy there, I get like $25 and I'll buy lunch for both of us :rolleyes: Let me know how I could help..

Oh yeah, I paid $500 below MSRP which was better then any other Toyota dealer in the area.

Alex

3. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hyde Park is farther from my dealer than I think you'd want to travel. I went to Arlington Toyota in Buffalo Grove. Awesome dealership. I had a problem with a noise and they performed a very expensive fix only for the noise to continue occurring. They later determined it was the much less expensive radio and change this out. Never a dot of trouble.

I'm not aware of any reputable/reliable dealers closer to you. Sorry. :(

I would try to purchase the car somewhere that you're comfortable that you'll receive great service on the vehicle. Hope you're not in too much a hurry and have the luxury to shop.

Concerning the price matter - I've no knowledge of how prices are currently holding up.

4. douglas001001

douglas001001 smug doug

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    If you know exactly what you want in terms of package and color, I wouldn't be set on one dealership.
    If you have general questions, here is the best place for that.

Chicago has lots of dealerships, let them get in a bidding war on the phone when you're ready to make the purchase. For a few hours work you can save a few hundred dollars. I got mine at northside toyota in uptown, they wanted to sell me the car that day more than the other dealers.

Just read up on the extended warranty and prepaid maintenance options before you go in so you don't get caught off guard by the deal closer person.

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The Chicago Prius Group has a deal worked out with Grossinger Toyota in which if you mention us to Kevin Fernquist - the hybrid guy - he will give us a referral bonus. Since we have no funds and spend our own money for car shows and supplies, we'd appreciate a couple bucks.

And don't forget to visit the Chicago Prius Group website via the link in my signature.