1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

recommend me a good, simple technical analysis book

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by cwerdna, Jan 28, 2011.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm looking for a good, simple, beginner's technical analysis book.

I was thinking of http://www.amazon.com/Technical-Analysis-Dummies-Business-Personal/dp/0470888008.

Any other suggestions for a decent, easy to read, beginner's book?

Why? Let's just say, one of my friends who sends me and another friend emails all the time about his observations and predictions in various stocks, based strictly on TA is correct, a vast majority of the time. Apparently, that friend makes a ton of $ on options. It doesn't matter if the market's up or down, he makes $.

After talking to him, I found out both of them went to very costly training from Investools years ago (before Thinkorswim was acquired by TD Ameritrade). By costly, I'm talking $10K to $24K. I'm not prepared to spend that kind of $ on training, besides me reading very mixed reviews about them.

I'm going to try my hand first at what I can get out of TA books, the free webcasts that TD Ameritrade has on TA, and maybe some alternative cheaper classes.

I've been trading stocks for many years, w/limited and mixed success. From what I observe of my friend, TA is the only way to go. No... let's not get into a debate about investing styles or what's right.

2. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Be careful for what you wish for. Wanting to become a better parasite than everyone else can be achieved.

PS. Not meant to be a negative comment, just think of where you end up if you are successful in going down this path.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    bernie madoff?

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Uhh, I'm not talking about Ponzi schemes and definitely don't want to do anything illegal. I'm talking about trading stocks or options based upon charts and indicators and finding better entry and exit points.