1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recommendations for console display shade and also for a sunroof?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by howardbc, Mar 20, 2008.

1. howardbc

howardbc Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi. I just bought a 2008 Touting Prius about 3+ weeks ago. Can someone recommend a shade for the console display that will hold up in Arizona heat? Also, I would welcome some feedback on having a sun/moon roof installed. Thank you.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Be sure to check out the google search feature of the site, both have been discussed in the past.
    I don't have specifics on the sunroof, but recently someone had one done...cost was around $1300 I believe.

The shade is cheaper and easier. There are a couple out there but I'd recommend Robin with Priushoods. A previous sponsor who's produced several renditions of the hood, the most recent being quite nice, easy to install and durable.

3. azdrdave

azdrdave New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My first post. (I'll have a new avatar soon, I promise!)

I too live here in sunny Arizona, and wouldn't think of driving a car without a sunroof. As a matter of fact, it wasn't until I found this site and saw one could be added that I bought a Prius.

It cost $990 through the dealer, but it was done by Arizona Sun Tops (arizonasuntops.com), and it looks great. I have an inalfa asi 750FF, which both tilts and retracts, and I love it. Only negative? It automatically closes at power off, so I have to trick it each time to leave it open a bit. (Keep them batteries cool!)

Hope this helps. Post back and let me know what you find!

- Dave

4. Tojo

Tojo New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I second efuscos recommendation of the prius sunshade. I bought one of these annd it is perfect for the display (I'm in AZ as well.)