1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recommendations for HV Battery Repair/Replace

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by elliotsomethin, Sep 8, 2022.

1. elliotsomethin

elliotsomethin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    2005 Prius. Have the red triangle of death. P3000 code (as well as P1121, P1150). Dr Prius shows the following results.

I'm planning on keeping the car for awhile so assuming OEM battery replacement is in my near future. But before swallowing that cost, any chance there's a simpler fix here? Would replacing the one bad cell be a worthwhile option?

Thanks for the advice.

Attached Files:

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    You're in the DC area look up the hybrid doctor South American dude with a brick and mortar store not far from you or close enough however you look at it really good guy He can fix you up pretty quick. I have little yellow and green logos on their cars mostly Prius and they're all around you I just got back from there a few months ago with my Gen 3 from North Carolina

3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Nothing stopping you from buying a few Panasonic cells. And flipping them around and charging them and discharging and doing all that if you have a lot of time less money for some people that's a thing it's a stopgap measure at best get a new battery and you have another lifespan like the original which may be way more than you expect out of the car you do know these things will make 500,000 pretty easily?

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    don't count on finding a toyota battery anytime soon

5. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!

How many miles on the vehicle?
    Do you have a DIY attitude and some basic tools, or would you be paying someone else?

FYI : you're moderated until you've posted 5 times.