1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recommendations !

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mrt111, Oct 7, 2008.

1. mrt111

mrt111 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi all,

First off I want to say that I have absolutely no affiliation with the following recommended companies.

I have a 2007 base model package 1 Prius.

System:
    I installed a PPI 480 that I have had in a couple different cars, and it proved to be amazing once again. The head unit was an old Eclipse AV5101 that still sounds great with a JL 10w1 in a JL wedge box that fits perfectly behind the rear driver-side passenger seat and slides just under the fold out cover.

Recommendation:
    I needed to buy speakers for the front (I decided on 6 1/2" separates). I searched these boards and others and decided to use www . techronics . com The speakers I went with are JL VR650-CSi 6-1/2" The price was the best I could find and they shipped out right after I ordered them. They came in a well packaged outer box and are new as described. Just thought I would let everyone know that this is a great site with great follow through.

The second recommendation I have is for www . RAAMaudio . com sound deadening material. Their customer service was fantastic with super fast shipping. I used the material on the entire floor as well as inside the front doors. The improvement of the sound quality in combination with the reduced road noise is a must do!!!

Good Luck and I hope these recommendations help someone.

PS. The JL's in the doors sound insane !!!

-Matt