1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recruiting

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Birdums, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Birdums

Birdums You, me, and da Pri

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Last night, I got out of my car at the local mall, to see a red Prius stopped in the parking lot. The driver called to me "I'm not following you, but I AM following you!". He wanted to know where I found vent visors - the Toyota dealership told him that visors for the Prius do not exist (yeah, they told me that, too). He also wanted to know where my decals came from. So I got to recommend Priuschat, and the Priuschat shop!

He asked about getting good mileage, and said he had heard of some people getting really high numbers, and I got to explain hypermiling a little. I told him to come here and read all about it. He sounded interested, but of course I was on a roll by now, and the poor guy finally just had to go... so I might have scared him off :lol:

I sure hope not; I hope he just caught my enthusiasm and will join us. He seemed to really love his little red baby; it was an '06, and looked shiny and new. He thought the convoy of Prii we had in Richmond sounded fun, too, so maybe he's open to the idea of te Prius community, despite scary old me.

2. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    It's difficult not to be enthusiastic, isn't it? :lol:

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(You me and da Pri @ Oct 6 2007, 07:55 PM) [snapback]522321[/snapback]</div>
    I hope you're not as scary as your avatar. :)

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    He started by stalking you and then he ended up being the frightened one...excellent!!

5. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Way to pimp PriusChat You me and da Pri

6. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Funny how you can get on a non-stop roll talking to people isn't it?

7. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    At Hybridfest I was suprised at how engaged the people who stopped by to look at and ask questions about the cars would become. They'd start with something common and almost flip..."What's your gas mileage?, How long will the battery last?, etc.", but once answered and prompted they'd often have many more questions, curiosity would be piqued and they'd hang around 10, 20, 30 minutes or more asking questions and checking things out.
    We truely are ambassadors for the Prius and I have no doubt that much of Toyota's success is because of the people here on PC and others like us.

8. Birdums

Birdums You, me, and da Pri

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Oct 6 2007, 11:09 PM) [snapback]522329[/snapback]</div>
    Scarier :eek: