1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recs on replacing windshield in SF Bay Area preferably South Bay

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bonmo, Jul 30, 2012.

1. bonmo

bonmo New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Last week, I had an ominous feeling driving down the highway when I heard rocks and gravel hitting my windshield, and sure enough few large cracks (one over 24") appeared later in the afternoon. The cracks are growing so I want to change it out ASAP. I'm planning to go OEM and see whether the shop can order a replacement windshield from the Electronics Parts Catalog (56101‑47141 for $397.40). Before I take the plunge, does anyone in the Bay Area have any recommendations on independent glass shops or know which shops the dealers use in South Bay? Also, I heard Pilkington and PPG's windshield are good as well, does anyone have any issues with their replacements? I'm concerned with the distortions from the replacement, so any insight on windshield replacement is greatly appreciated!

2. vertex

vertex Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I have an aftermarket replacement on mine, I don't recall the brand, and don't have access to the car at the moment to check it. However, I paid $170 installed for it 3 years ago. The visual quailty is excelent.