1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Red, Blue, or Gold, #9 (BC), 1/31/04, Gaithersburg, MD

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by 8AA, Apr 17, 2004.

1. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Date Ordered: 1/31/04
    Dealer: Fitzgerald Auto Mall, Gaithersburg, MD
    Delivery Timeframe: 3-4 months
    Color: Red, Blue, or Gold (in that order)
    Package: #9 (BC)
    Position on waiting list: not available at the time of "order"

Red BC was delivered on 4 Sept 2004 (just over seven months)

2. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    After sending emails to the dealer for two weeks, I now have a status on my wait. The dealer says that I am number 16 on the list for package #9, and number 20 overall. I sent an email back asking about color, that I had been under the impression that being flexible on color selection would help speed up the process. Their response was that color didn't matter, that 80% of the time Toyota would send the colors that had been requested. This seems contrary to what I've read here; I thought that the dealers were getting random allocations of cars, leaving the dealers to try to sort them out.

The new estimate is maybe June, but more likely July (5-6 months)

3. Raenstoirm

Raenstoirm New Member

Howdy fellow Marylander! I ordered my from WV and will be picking it up this weekend. Just thought I would say hi from Bethesda. I have driven the Fitzgareld #8 a few times, trying to make myself feel better!

4. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Congratulations on getting your car. It sounds like West Virginia is a better place to buy a Prius, but I'm not sure how I would get there. Maybe Fitzgerald's would let me borrow the demo Prius. :)

5. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Still waiting.

The end of July I was told that I had been allocated and the car would be arriving in one of the next two deliveries. I later received a call that the color was correct, but it was a Package 8. I declined.

A week later I was offered a Black Package 9. I declined.

Recently I was told that my car would be arriving the first week in September.

6. michelle_mcd

michelle_mcd New Member

Hi all you Marylanders -- I'm in DC and VA and WVA (long story). What's the best choice for a place to get on the waiting list? Jack Taylor's in Alex had a wait list of over 120+ last time I checked, but claimed that they were coming in pretty quickly. I hesitate going to WVA because since they aren't high volume dealers they might not get a good selection (depending on how these things actually are delivered -- by specific order or randomly as mentioned above).

Does it matter where you get your Prius in terms of getting service in the future? Jack Taylor's is right next door to us in VA.

What's the expected wait for an order coming in right now? I'm thinking black or salsa #9.

7. michelle_mcd

michelle_mcd New Member

Hi all you Marylanders -- I'm in DC and VA and WVA (long story). What's the best choice for a place to get on the waiting list? Jack Taylor's in Alex had a wait list of over 120+ last time I checked, but claimed that they were coming in pretty quickly. I hesitate going to WVA because since they aren't high volume dealers they might not get a good selection (depending on how these things actually are delivered -- by specific order or randomly as mentioned above).

Does it matter where you get your Prius in terms of getting service in the future? Jack Taylor's is right next door to us in VA.

What's the expected wait for an order coming in right now? I'm thinking black or salsa #9.

8. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    michelle_mcd,

I don't know what the current anticipated wait time is, but Toyota is supposed to be ramping up production to meet the demand. As for service, any Toyota dealer will take care of any warranty items, regardless of where you purchased your car. However, for minor fixes, like adjusting some of the vehicle's defaults, the dealer might be more receptive if you actually purchased the car from them.

If you're able to wait for a car, I think you'll find that the Prius will be worth the wait.