1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Red Green Hybrid!!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hdrygas, Jan 7, 2005.

1. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    OK I was watching the CBC again, and after much soul searching I posted here. I was going to post in Other Cars or Hybrid news but I let my rational side prevail. I was watching the Red Green Show, you may get it on PBS, and Red Green built his own Propane-Gasoline hybrid using of course duct tape!! 8) There were a few minor bugs but, as usual a good concept with a few irregularities in application. Setting fire to the forest was a minor defect.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I love Red Green though I admit that I don't watch regularly.
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    setting the forest on fire... minor defect??

in most situations, propane heaters have become very very safe nowadays, especially the high end one that used catalytic system to produce a flameless heat.

TSI (Thermal Systems Inc) was one of the exclusive manufacturers of the "Platinum Cat" heater that was used in RV's etc. they were located in Mottman Industrial Complex in West Olympia.

despite having an excellent product, the company was forced to move to a cheaper place to do business and closed their factory here.

4. bookrats

bookrats New Member

This sounds different than the Red Green electric-gasoline hybrid he built -- must have been a different show.

Sawed one electric and one gasoline powered golf cart in half; duct-taped them together; and then put two dish satellite dishes around the contraption (with more duct tape) to give it that "futuristic" Prius look. :lol:

The man is an institution.

5. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    thinking out of the box may get one labeled as a fool, but that is how many of our billionaires got their money

6. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    This was more of the JATO hybrid variety It was the flames coming out of the back of the Van (Possum Lodge Van) that was setting things on fire. Holley After Burner Bat Man! :D

7. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I love that show. It's aggrivating how it's so hard to catch an episode here in the US. I watch it every time I can find a listing for the show. I don't know when I've seen a more rediculous and stupid show, and laughed so hard watching it. :mrgreen:

8. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    You need to live closer to the border, the Northern border. CBC is on our cable. You need to check out Royal Canadian Air Farce. Our brother and sisters to the North have a unique sense of humor. There are several other shows I try to see because they present me a different view point on the world. I get a lot of my Olympic coverage on the CBC and then there is Question time in Parliament. We in the US should consider a Constitutional amendment requiring the President to stand in front of a joint session of Congress once a week and answer any question. We would be better for it! 8)

9. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i must admit that show is a real gem. some of the humor or humour is pretty wild.