1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Red meat, spare tire, alcohol implicated in cancer risk

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by JackDodge, Nov 1, 2007.

1. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/OnCall/story?id=3799715

also http://www.dietandcancerreport.org/

This was on the news yesterday morning but it took this long for me to get around to posting it. Not long after the soy milk topic on FHoP, the American Cancer Society released its recommendations which indicate ..."that people do indeed have some control over developing many types of cancer." The chief problem of course is our diet. "After five years of reviewing 7,000 medical studies, a team of top scientists from around the world has concluded that diet and weight directly affect whether you'll get cancer."

The worst one for me, personally, is limiting salt. They recommend daily intake of salt shouldn't exceed 2 tsp. Ouch.

2. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Careful, this study could be used to legislate a great many things, or at least continue pushing in that direction!

Who would have thought that the "Demolition Man" is the most profetic movie of all time!
    (well if not profetic pretty accurate anyway, mostly)

Edgar Friendly: [A]ccording to Cocteau's plan, I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal?
    -----
    Lenina Huxley: [A]nything not good for you is bad, hence, illegal. Alcohol, caffeine, contact sports, meat . . .
    John Spartan: Are you sh**ing me?
    A computer: John Spartan, you are fined one credit for a violation of the verbal morality statute.
    John Spartan: What the Hell is that?
    A computer: John Spartan, you are fined one credit . . .
    Lenina Huxley: Bad language, child play, gasoline, uneducational toys, and anything spicy. Abortion is also illegal. But, then again so is pregnancy, if you don't have a license.
    -----
    Edgar Friendly: I've seen the future. You know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin, sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing, "I'm an Oscar Meyer wiener."
    -----
    Edgar Friendly: I'm no leader. I do what I have to do--sometimes people come with me.
    -----
    John Spartan: Hurting people's not a good thing--well, sometimes it is--but not when it's a bunch of people looking for something to eat.
    -----
    Simon Phoenix: I'm sorry to say that the world has become a ######-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself--run by a bunch of robed sissies.
    -----
    Edgar Friendly: You live up top, you live Cocteau's way: what he wants, when he wants, how he wants. Your other choice, come down here, maybe starve to death.
    -----
    Simon Phoenix: [Y]ou can't take away people's right to be assholes.
    -----
    Erwin: Greetings and salutations. Welcome to the emergency line of the San Angeles Police Department. If you prefer an automated response, press one, now.
    -----
    Erwin: We're police officers! We're not trained to handle this kind of violence.
    -----
    Taco Bell patron: What would you say if I called you a brutish fossil, symbolic of a decayed era, gratefully forgotten?
    John Spartan: I don't know, thanks?
    ---
    LeninaHuxley: I have, in fact, perused some newsreels in the Schwartzenegger Library, and the time that you took that car...
    JohnSpartan: Hold it. The Schwartzenegger Library?
    LeninaHuxley: Yes. The Schwartzenegger Presidential Library. Wasn't he an actor when you...
    JohnSpartan: Stop! He was President?
    LeninaHuxley: Yes! Even though he was not born in this country, his popularity at the time caused the 61st Amendment which states...
    JohnSpartan: I don't wanna know. President.

3. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    See, any report that says "Mothers should breastfeed their children" is a good report :D