1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Red Or dark blue Prius v availability in SF Bay Area?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by pdp, Nov 7, 2011.

1. pdp

pdp New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I just checked out the inventory for Prius vs online for most of the SF Bay Area dealerships and I noticed none of them carried any red or dark blue ones. Is there a reason why those two colors seem non existent in said area? Of course my wife only wants one of those two colors.

2. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Of course - these are rare in those colors... but if you want, I have both dark blue (ribbon) and red available.

3. priwagoner

priwagoner New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I am in the bay area too and looking for a Prius V III in Blue Ribbon Metallic with Bisque interior preferably. Is this color combination available in SoCal? According to one dealership no cars with that combination are available in the bay area and vicinity.

4. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Your region doesn't order that color, far as I am able to see. Mine does, but not with tan interior. I think I can get you one though. eMail me if you don't mind a short hop to SoCal!!

1 person likes this.
  5. priwagoner

priwagoner New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Interesting that the entire region has an aversion to that color. Strange. Can dealerships place a special order with Toyota for a specific color / color combination? If so, curious how long the average wait is for such orders.

6. meowler

meowler kid A

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just bought a dark blue one at Toyota Sunnyvale. They have a large inventory - I would check them out!

7. pdp

pdp New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    We were there too but after my wife saw the Blizzard Pearl white in person, she forgot about the Blue and Red immediately. Congrats on your purchase! We just picked up our white one today too. It will take a little while for us to get used to it, but we're thrilled at the same time!

8. Starkie

Starkie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    What a coincidence! I was at Antioch Toyota yesterday. I originally wanted a Prius 3 but deciding the color was the hardest part. I was pretty much set on a Red, but they only had a 1 available that day and it was a 2. They did have a Red 3 on the way expected by 11-21-2011. I was also interested in a Blue also, but they only had one 2, and that had a gutted interior waiting for a leather upgrade (I got to see all the internals, battery pack etc. Then they showed me a 4 in Blizzard white with leather, solar sunroof, NAV, loaded actually. All for $50 per month more. So that's what I got. What an awesome car! It's like a Rolls-Royce compared to my 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT-4 that I traded and got a decent price for.

Anyway, talk to Jim Benham at Antioch Toyota if you are interested in the Red 3 that is expected by 11-21-2011. He is the Internet Sales manager and will make you a great deal. The 1.9% financing is definitely a big plus!

9. pdp

pdp New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Congrats to you too! Funny I feel some sort of kinship to all you who purchased on the same day as us, especially the same color :). It was late last night when we drive off so the Blizzard Pearl didn't look as impressive, and we can't wait to see it again in the sun today. we ended up getting a few hundred below invoice for out Prius v Three. If any of you are interested in a nor cal purchase, PM and I can give all the details of our purchase. Our dealer had to drive ours in from another dealership and he didn't try to charge us extra for doing so like some other dealers did. It was truly a no hassle buy, even down to the extra warranty pitch (or lack thereof)