1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Red package 5 10/18/07

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by necrochaos, Dec 6, 2007.

1. necrochaos

necrochaos Soon to be Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Date Ordered: 10/18/07
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Metro Toyota, Kalamazoo, MI
    Timeframe given for delivery: 2-3 months
    Color: Red
    Option Package: NL #5
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: not given

Waiting for my car. Hoping it comes in soon. Is 2-3 months too long?

2. mabelair

mabelair New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hey! Congrats on your order. I placed my order on September 7, 2007, and am getting the car on the 12th of December, so just shy over 3 months. Based on what other people are saying, it seems a touch late for an American purchaser, but I really can't say for sure. Good luck on getting it though! The wait can be pretty excruciating at times. But we're here to support you through the hard times. ;-)

MAB

3. necrochaos

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hoping to get the DICE for Christmas, I'd love to have a car to install it on while I'm off for the brief holiday. I plan to call the dealer today to see if I have an expected shipping date or find out where I am on the list.

4. cuttooth

cuttooth Aficionado

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congratulations on the purchase! Hope Santa brings it to you early. ;)

5. necrochaos

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I'm wondering if some of the people who received their prius on short wait times were able to locate a car on a dealers lot. My local dealer didn't have any in stock and said they can't keep them on the lot.

I ordered my car exactly the way I wanted it. Maybe that is why it's taking so long to get.

It does seem strange to me that they can't pinpoint the actual waiting time. Doesn't Toyota know what they are building and have an allocation to the dealers based on what is ordered and the date the car was ordered? Or do they just ship X amount of cars to the dealer and hope that the one you want with the package you want is available? I've never ordered a car, I've always bought off the lot.

6. kathyb

kathyb New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

Most likely the car had to be ordered at the factory in Japan and that is why the long wait time. I was told I would have to wait the 3 months if i really wanted the color but I was happy to get my 2nd choice.
    My mud guards arrived today and just so happened that my salesperson called at the same time:)
    I took the guards out to the dealership after work and will pick up the car with the mud guards installed on Thursday morning.

7. necrochaos

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I put the lean on my dealer. They had what I waned about an hour away at the dealer and told him to trade for it. Got no reply and called the other dealer correctly, but he tried to hose me on my trade.

I know I'll have some negative equity, but he was only going to give me 10K for a 2005 Ford Mustang with 20K on it. Crazy!

The color I want should be located Monday per my dealer. I shouldn't have to jump on them to get the job done. But the extra time has given me the ability to make a few more payments to lower my payoff.