1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Red Triangle Icon

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base Articles Discussion' started by malibujohn, Nov 14, 2009.

1. malibujohn

malibujohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have a red triangle Icon appearing on the dashboard. There is a picture of a headlight on the main screen. I did notice one of the amber lights was out.
    The reason I am concerned is that the red icon appeared over a year ago. I checked oil & coolant & they seemed OK. There was no explanation in the manual so I drove the car apprx 1/2 hr to the dealer. I explained the problem & they took the car in for diagnostics. being a Saturday of a long weekend, they told me they did not have time to run the full diagnostics & that I should bring the car back on Thursday morning, They assured me it was safe to drive & requested I leave the error icon on to aid in the diagnostics. The engine burned out later that day due to loss of coolant. Repair bill $5200.00 (litigation pending).
    If the amber light is the cause for the red icon display (this time), I will feel confident in driving the car for a replacement bulb.
    Please confirm or deny this diagnosis.
    Thanks
    John

1 person likes this.