1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Red Triangle. No Codes. Light symbol appears on touch screen.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Nathaniel Schex, May 22, 2022.

1. Nathaniel Schex

Nathaniel Schex New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    InkedIMG_20220519_094627195_HDR_LI.jpg 2008 Touring Prius. 180,000 miles. Just changed the oil, and the level was good.

While driving around town, the red triangle appeared along with a symbol in the corner of the touch screen. I assume it's a light, but I could not find anything about it. I had a tail light out, so I replaced it, but the red triangle persists. Should I disconnect the battery and see if that clears the code? If not, any clue on what the symbol means on the touch screen?

I took it to autozone, and they said it wasn't throwing a code and the computer said everything was fine.

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you need a tech stream scanner. you can buy one or go to a dealer. that may be the auto headlight leveler, i'm not sure. it should be in your o/m.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Here's a post describing the little sensor used for leveling the headlights.

That post describes taking the sensor apart for electrical contact cleaning. Sometimes, the real problem is the little dog-bone linkage connecting the sensor rusted up and broke. Anyway, there are plenty of threads here about it.