1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Red triangle of death after replacing Hybrid Battery

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by DPrius123, Jul 23, 2023.

1. DPrius123

DPrius123 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Hi guys, I replaced my hybrid battery in my 2011 Prius but the light won't go away. I clear the codes, and light comes back on within 2-3 seconds after clearing the code. Only code that pops is P80A80.

I checked the computer and it all seems fine. I opened it and all connector pins are clean and corrosion free.

The is a little corrosion on 1 of the wiring harness connectors. If they were more easily accessible I would replace it but none available in Hawaii.

Anyways, any idea as to what would cause the triangle of death to come back on immediately after clearing the code?

2. DPrius123

DPrius123 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Forgot to proof my post prior to posting. Code is P0A80. Also, orange plug was pushed in all the way. Regular battery is fine, car drives fine too. After driving it about 50-100 miles the check engine light comes on. No additional codes.

3. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Did you replace your battery with a brand new battery? Because if you didn't and put in a refurbished old battery, that could be the reason the code remains. The refurbished old battery is no good

4. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Drive cycle needed.

5. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    How many miles have you put on this rebuilt battery or whatever happened with this battery? Who did the work? A battery refurbisher with the proper equipment and all of that or was this done in the driveway? These things make a difference