1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Red Triangle still present after inverter pump replacement (P0A93 code)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Caustinh, Oct 9, 2023.

1. Caustinh

Caustinh New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The red triangle came on while I was driving my 2005 Prius (<140k miles) the other day. I scanned the car and got a P0A93 code, looked at the coolant reservoir and it was still, so seemed like inverter pump was issue. Dealership quoted me $1k to replace and another mechanic quoted me $400 but wasn’t available for 2 weeks, so I figured I could DIY it since I’ve done a lot of other repairs myself.

Watched lots of videos and was able to replace with an OEM part and by clamping the coolant hoses so I didn’t have to drain the whole car. The reservoir is moving so it looks like the part is working, but the red triangle and check engine light are still on (still getting P0A93 code). I bled the coolant system for air bubbles but have not bled the ICE system yet (not sure if I need to because I didn’t drain all the coolant).

All the posts I see say that the red triangle went away after replacing, but that is not the case for me. Can anyone give me any insight on what I can do? Thanks

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Don't worry about what everybody else posted You see coolant moving now. Check all your fuses the under hood fuse box Make sure all that is okay and then hook up your code scanner see if you have any other codes besides the p 0A93 or whatever it is and then clear that mess. Now go for a drive did the lights etc come back on??? No? Enjoy your car

3. pasadena_commut

pasadena_commut Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Did the OP unhook the 12V battery? If not, do that for a minute, reattach, and that should clear the code. If it comes back, then you need to read the codes again.

4. Caustinh

Caustinh New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Y’all thanks so much unplugging the 12v seems to have done the trick, no more codes even after a day of driving around.

txexplorer likes this.
  5. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Did you bleed the inverter cooling system? There's a fitting on the front of the inverter (looks like a brake bleed screw). I use a couple feet of skinny transparent hose (from home depot - plumbing section).

Ready up the car, put a wrench and hose on the bleed screw, and hold the other end of the hose in the coolant reservoir. Open the bleed screw and watch coolant flow into the reservoir until all bubbles are purged - might take 30 seconds - (or several minutes if the system was drained).

What scantool do you have? If it can read codes from a given ecu, then it should be capable of erasing them as well. Does the P0A93 reset?

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

txexplorer likes this.
  6. txexplorer

txexplorer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I had the same code awhile back and replaced my pump, bled the coolant from the screw and all was well.

You can clear the codes, by unplugging the large white connector on the battery or Car Scanner app.