1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Red triangle! VSC ck engine light

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Paul's prius, May 8, 2019.

1. Paul's prius

Paul's prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    New to forum and 1st time Prius owner.. thanks for reading my post. I bought an 06 Prius with 269k miles. Was told by previous owner that hybrid battery was replaced one with 180k miles on it.
    I have read so many posts I am overwhelmed with what direction I should go in.
    I have changed the oil and it is full. The car drives perfect for the 1st 7 miles and then the 4 lights come on. After a few more miles the car runs on gas only.. very poor acceleration, battery still shows 6 bars but there is no power being given from the electric motor. I have tested the 12volt battery.. it tests good and I have cleaned the fan that cools the hybrid battery. When the fan comes on it is extremely loud. I have gotten codes of P3019, P 3023, P 3024.
    I have looked into the inverter coolant reservoir and it is not bubbling. - there is no code for that but it looks like it may not be working.i don't want to spend 1500 on a new battery unless absolutely necessary.. are there any other options for a fix. Runs great for first few miles. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!

You might try swapping out those three (3) failed modules, and then balance the pack afterwards.

Raytheeagle likes this.