1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

red triangle yellow lights wont start

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Randall 1, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Randall 1

Randall 1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    2005 Prius. car was driving fine and then red triangle, yellow brake lights came on and I noticed a slight burning smell. Got home turned off and won't restart. BlueDriver code reader indicates fuse is blown. Also one of the battery terminals on HV battery is burned. Replaced HV battery 6 months ago with a Dorman refurbished. 12v battery is new and was replaced 6 months ago as well. screws on terminals are tight. Batteries were charging fine so not sure where to go from here.
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Terminals good on HV battery eh? Nice # tight?
    Wondering if you had a short somewhere?

Maybe replace/reset fuse, disconnect and reconnect battery hoping computer will reset, then see if you can reproduce the issue again.
    Did you jar the car right before it happened by hitting large pot hole etc?

This is over my head just trying to help brainstorm.

The burn terminal is interesting... Why would fuse blow before it burnt terminal unless loose and building up tremendous heat first? When you wiggle it strongly it's tight right?

3. Randall 1

Randall 1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Terminals are tight. Thanks for the reply

4. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Unless you did it yourself I would first contact the people that installed your battery.