1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Red Triangular Warning Light

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Annie Lou, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Annie Lou

Annie Lou New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I happy 2007 Prius which I purchased two years ago. One year later I had to please second battery. About six months later that one went bad and I had to replace it again. A couple of days ago The red triangular warning light flashed on and off within a couple of seconds while I was driving. Today it is happened twice again. I ran the diagnostic found that the battery is running at about 13.8. Is it possible that it's a bad battery again? Why does the light come on and then go off again so quickly?

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You should check your engine oil level, most likely low on oil

3. Annie Lou

Annie Lou New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I own a 2007 Prius which I purchased two years ago. One year later I had to replace the second battery. About six months later that one went bad and I had to replace it again. A couple of days ago The red triangular warning light flashed on and off within a couple of seconds while I was driving. Today it is happened twice again. I ran the diagnostic found that the battery is running at about 13.8. Is it possible that it's a bad battery again? Why does the light come on and then go off again so quickly?

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    are these all the 12 volt battery? if so, it sounds like something is daring it. but you can't test it with the car in ready.