1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reference Threads or Forums

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by energyandair, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. energyandair

energyandair Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Is there any way that we can get some reference threads or forums that just deal with facts and to which posting access is restricted.

The value of this has struck me as I have followed various hot issues such as the brake threads.

So often I read a post that references an article that references another publication that claims that Toyota or some other authority have said something and when you track it down, you are either unable to find what they actually said or when you do find it, you realize that it has been selectively and creatively interpreted (to put it politely).

It would save a lot of time if there was a convenient place to read facts such as what Toyota US, Toyota Canada, regulatory authorities etc. actually said and when on major issues of broad interest.

I think that its important that access be restricted so that the facts don't get buried amongst a flood of opinion posts. Related opinions and discussions can be handled in standard posts that can refer across to the reference source.

2. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Once we have some official notice, we can post in a sticky, closed thread in this forum. Anything else is hearsay and cannot be claimed as fact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.