1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reflection on windshield at night

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by snarfo, Feb 24, 2005.

1. snarfo

snarfo New Member

Okay, I'm picking nits here, but does anyone have a suggestion for eliminating or reducing the reflection of the instruments onto the windshield at night? I can see the green glow reflected and it's just a trifle annoying.

2. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's easy enough to correct. Turn the interior brightness dial down to about 50%. I noticed that glare the first time I drove at night. And after a few minutes, smacked my head when I realized I could dial it down as in any other car. Takes the reflection away completely.

3. Dave

Dave New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    By the way, that's the knurled dial on the dash to the left of the steering wheel.

4. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I believe that a small piece of material could be glued to the dash just above the display, and like the hood I have over my MFD keeps the sun from washing the image out, it would prevent the reflection from forming.

I dislike the green reflection, but I dislike running the lights dimmer so I put up with it. I may get around to engineering the "display hood" some day...

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Part of the reason for this refection is the design of the display. The actual display faces forward and down, under the plastic of the dash and is bounced off a mirror to the Smoke Acrylic Plate to your eyes. It goes through the clear plastic plate you can see just below the visual display. Keeping the clear plastic clean seems to help the refection thing. I wish my scanner was working I would add a picture.

6. snarfo

snarfo New Member

I tend to leave my headlights on during the day so I would rather leave the brightness level at max.

I just thought of something--- the little pad in the storage cubby under the tape player (a tape player in a 2005 technocar--- that's so funny) is about the right size and it's not a reflective material... perhaps this evening I'll try laying it in front of the display and see if that helps.