1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Registering as 2024 Prius owner

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Jerry G, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Jerry G

Jerry G New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    LE
    I’m just picking up my 2024 Prius LE FWD on Friday. I tried registering as a 2024 owner. But, drop-down menu doesn’t have it as a choice. Anyone else having that issue?

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ahh sorry. We'll add that.

Jerry G and PriusCamper like this.
  3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    How did your purchase experience go? Many people have been complaining about being on never ending waiting lists, as well as near $10K markups from the stealerships because they know how hard it is to aquire and sell these cars in large numbers.

The more details you can share with us about your buying experience, the more you can help others in a similar situation.

4. Jerry G

Jerry G New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    LE

I had a very mixed experience buying my 2024 Prius. I was leaving my 22 year old Camry, and wanted a Prius. I had been in contact with one dealership in my area (Long Island, NY) for 3 years. They kept quoting me pricing $5-6,000 over msrp for Camry Hybrid and Prius. I even told them I could wait a year. They told me I could order and they would sell at msrp. But, when I sent them a copy of my built Prius from the website, they told me they were unable to order that car.

I then went to 2 more dealerships and talked to sales managers. They all told me the car was not able to be ordered. LE FWD. There were only AWD being shipped to my area. I then went on line, because my thought was that they couldn’t order one, but maybe there was one out there that had already been ordered but without a name attached to it.

I found my car on CarGurus at a dealership about 120 miles away in Easton, PA. I arranged the entire deal via phone. Put a deposit down on one in transit. I was amazed at how honest and thorough the dealer salesperson was. I got my 2024 Prius for MSRP! Maybe just lucky with timing, but, the dealership was just great. I would highly recommend them Koch 33 Toyota. My salesperson was Adam Goldstein. He was great.
    I love the car. I think I was just lucky.

PriusCamper likes this.
  5. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Impressive work! Nicely done... I'm mostly into Gen5 postings because it's usually a wealthier demographic that's fun to mess with when they freak out about a scratch or a ding or other wealthy people problems.

But you being loyal to the same car for 22 years and knowing how to do enough research to not get ripped off makes you way different than the usual new car buyers.