1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Regretfully sharing 'attachment' bug

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by bwilson4web, Nov 21, 2015.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Ok, I'm reticent about reporting a bug that has turned out to be useful. Regardless, it appears attachments, especially graphics, are not rendered in my older Safari.

I suspect it is an SSL issue associated with TLS, which is not supported in this older browser. If the attachments could be rendered using either SSL or TLS encoding, the browser would render the attachments just fine. I suspect that is why this older browser still works on Wiki and a huge number of web sites that support the newer and older SSL transport encodings. As for the effect, it has a use.

Right now, the Priuschat icon in the upper right corner is a box with "?" in the middle. In fact all attachments render the same, a box with a "?" in the middle. By happy accident, the right-wing nuts in Fred's House of Politics seem to post their stolen 'attachments' versus the freedom loving Liberals who respectfully of property rights of their sources, cite by reference. Those references understand SSL/TLS can co-exist. This electro-political problem makes PriusChat, Fred's House of Politics, more enjoyable.

FYI, I do have a TLS compatible browser, a knock-off of Firefox, that works a little slower but renders everything. It is just PriusChat attachments that require TLS that is not supported in older browsers.

Bob Wilson